It is an educational institution located in Sturtevant, Wisconsin, dedicated to advancing Veterinary Spinal Manipulative Therapy, Veterinary Massage and Rehabilitation Therapy, functional neurology, and anatomy as they pertain to the above healthcare modalities and providing up-to-date continuing education seminars.
School Accreditation and Approval
The school was founded in 1998 and has achieved several state and national approvals and accreditations. Some include but are not limited to:
- A nationally accredited institution (through the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training) is recognized as an accrediting agency by the US Dept. of Education(See accet.org).
- All postgraduate programs presented at the school have been approved by the Wisconsin Department of Safety & Professional Services – Educational Approval Program (DSPS-EAP; http://www.dsps.wi.gov).
- It is approved for the GI Bill ® (by the WI State Approving Agency [SAA] for Veteran’s Education Benefits, Dpt. of Veterans Affairs [DVA]).
- It is approved by the College of Animal Chiropractors (collegeofanimalchiropractors.org), and the American Veterinary Chiropractic Association (www.animalchiropractic.org).
- The Healing Oasis has been an approved CE provider by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (aavsb.org) since 2001 (Approval Provider Number 87), the Minnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners, and the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association.
- Leadership: At The Healing Oasis Wellness Center, you will receive the highest quality of education to create leaders in this healthcare modality. Providing an excellent student-to-instructor ratio, the Healing Oasis Wellness Center and its faculty will ensure proper training and one-on-one learning to achieve competency in each certification program. Both students and instructors have high expectations of one another.
- Teamwork: We are committed to helping you learn the basic knowledge necessary to provide safe, efficient, and competent treatment in the program that you are registered for. Instructors will be available before class, during lunch, and after class to help answer questions and clarify any questions or concerns regarding the presented material. We are committed to your success; however, you are expected to set time aside to study and practice at home to make this a great learning experience.
Welcome to the family;
Pedro Luis Rivera, DVM, FACFN, DACVSMR, FCoAC; and Michelle J. Rivera, MT, VDT
Program Directors and Owners