To all applicants: The Healing Oasis Wellness Center makes every attempt to offer the programs as announced. However, the HOWC reserves the right to adjust program faculty, location, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences. The HOWC is not responsible for any cost / expenses incurred by registrants due to program adjustments or cancellations.
A 226 hours Post-Graduate Education Certification Program open to licensed chiropractors and veterinarians. The 226hrs is divided into 5 (five) modules. Species: Both Small Animals (canine) and Large Animals (equine).
A 142 hours Post-Graduate Education Certification Program open to licensed veterinarians; licensed or certified veterinary technicians and other adjunct licensed health care professionals. Program length is divided into 4 (four) modules.
Prospective students are directed to the links for each individual program so that they can read and understand the individual catalog and application form. Please understand that when you send an application with deposit, a seat is reserved for you (and only you) and once the MAXIMUM number of students allowed is reached the registration is CLOSED to any further applicants. We would appreciate and encourage immediate notification if the prospective student has decided to transfer to the next class or if personal issues have arisen that would prevent them from attending. By notifying the school ASAP, you would be allowing the student on the current waiting list to have ample time to arrange their schedule and attend the program. Please note that if you are requesting a transfer to the next class, you must recheck the catalog as prices might change and you would then be responsible for the updated tuition price.
Speakers / Instructors
The Healing Oasis Wellness Center understands the importance of having a good instructor for any post-graduate training or continuing education enhancement seminar. That is the reason that each instructor has been hand-picked to improve our profession and to benefit all of the students. We try to maintain a maximum ratio of 2-3 students per instructor during hands on lab for a better educational environment. Our instructors are not only nationally recognized, but some are also international speakers. We provide the best instructors of this profession and they bring their knowledge (which is second to none) to be shared with the students.
Full time (**) and adjunct(*) faculty includes:
- Danielle Anderson, DC, CVSMT (*)
- Belinda Comito, DVM, DACVIM-Neurology, Buffalo Grove Specialty Clinic, IL (**)
- Greg Cramer, DC, PhD, Dean of Research at National University of Health Studies (**)
- Rachel Eken, DC, CVSMT, FCoAC (*)
- Tom Gustafson, DVM, CVSMT, FCoAC (**)
- Joan Maree Hinken, DVM, CVSMT (*)
- Lyndsay Klemens, DVM, CVSMT, CVMRT (**Senior Faculty)
- Sue Ann Lesser, DVM, CVSMT, CVA (Guest Speaker)
- Rosemary LoGiudice, DVM, DACVSMR, CVSMT, CCRT, CVA, FCoAC (**Senior Faculty)
- Nora Moses, DC, CVSMT (*)
- Michelle J. Rivera, MT, VDT (**)
- Pedro Luis Rivera DVM, DACVSMR, FACFN, FCoAC (**)
- Julia Tomlinson, DVM, PhD, DACVS, DACVSMR, CVSMT (*)
- Carly Yaeger, DC, CVSMT (**)
- Deanne Zenoni, DVM, CVA, CVSMT, CVMRT, FCoAC (**)
- Chris Zink, DVM, PhD, DACVP, DACVSMR, CVSMT, CCRT, CVA (*)
Some of our instructors for the Advanced VSMT with Clinical Applications in Neurology Seminar Series:
- Rodney Bagley, DVM, DACVIM, Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery at Iowa State Univesity, School of Veterinary Medicine
- Jerrilyn Cambron, DC, PhD – Professor National University of Health Sciences
- Keith Collins, DVM, DACVO – Private practitioner in Waukesha, Wisconsin and Owner of Veterinary Eye Specialists
- Belinda Comito, DVM, DACVIM-Neurology – Private practitioner in IL, Veterinary Specialty Practice
- Gregory Cramer, DC, PhD, Professor and Dean of Anatomy / Research, National University of Health Sciences
- Susan Darby, PhD– Professor at National University of Health Sciences
- Douglas J. Gould, Ph.D. – Douglas J. Gould, Ph.D., Professor of Neuroscience and Vice Chair, Department of Biomedical Sciences at Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
- Joyce Harman, DVM, MRSCVM – Private practitioner and international speaker
- Kim Henneman, DVM, DACVSMR – Private practitioner and international speaker
- John Nolte, Ph.D. – In Memoriam, Professor of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Director of Academic Resources; The University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ. Dr. Nolte was an outstanding speaker, teacher and human being. The world will be less without him. The heavens will benefit from his humanity, knowledge and big heart.
- Michael Powell, DC, DACNB – Professor at the Carrick Institute Neurology Program
- Pedro Luis Rivera, DVM, FACFN, DACVSMR – Program Director and Faculty at Healing Oasis and a Fellow of the American College of Functional Neurology