Please, refresh your browser to ensure that you are viewing current information.
Goals: Review basic information that should have been provided when attending your chosen VSMT or “Animal Chiropractic” program.
Functional neuroanatomy and biomechanics will help attendees improve on outcomes when treating CANINE patients. Extensive clinical hands-on practicums & didactic information will be utilized to help attendees integrate the presented information.
Attendees are also encouraged to bring 1-2 cases to discuss during class.
The minimum number of attendees is 8, and the maximum number of attendees is 15.
Dates: May 5th – 7th, 2023. Friday 2-6 PM, Sat 8-12 & 1-5 PM, Sun 8 AM – 12 PM
Schedule: 2023May_CE Seminar Schedule
Registration form: 2023_Canine VSMT May CE Form
Total CE contact hours = 16
Pedro Luis Rivera, DVM, FACFN, DACVSMR, FCoAC, program director at the Healing Oasis Wellness Center, Sturtevant, WI.
Please, refresh your browser to ensure current information is being displayed.
CE seminars will provide attendees with didactic and hands-on practicums as they apply to multiple ancillary procedures that can help to improve clinical outcomes. Speakers include Daniel Halden, DC, PAK, CAC, CVMRT; and Pedro Luis Rivera, DVM, FACFN, DACVSMR, FCoAC.
Objective and goals:
• Students will be able to define and describe the difference between Travell and Jones Trigger
• Students will be able to describe and apply manual treatments to address trigger points.
• Students will be able to define and describe manual therapies (massage, myofascial release,
stretching, mobilization, traction, hypermobility) addressing joint motion.
• Students will be able to describe how the sacral motion can be improved to influence spinal
• Students will be able to examine patients, identify trigger points, and provide valid treatment
protocols that may include: NMES/TENS, LASER, PEMF, and or Kinesio-tape.
Schedule: 2023_Schedule – Ancillary Procedures
Registration form: 2023_AncillaryProceduresRegistration_Form
The minimum number of students is 10, with a maximum of 16.
The maximum number of CE contact hours: is 16 contact hours.
CE Approved by: AHVMA, CoAC, IVCA
CE will be applied for – AVCA
Canine Therapeutic Exercise Workshop: Open to licensed professionals, trainers, and dog athletic enthusiasts!
Teresa Calvert, DVM, CVSMT, CVMRT. Owner of Westview Animal Clinic and faculty at the Healing Oasis Wellness Center.
Deanne Zenoni, DVM, CVSMT, CVMRT, FCoAC; associate veterinarian at Tops Veterinary Rehabilitation, IL.; and senior faculty at the Healing Oasis Wellness Center.
Pedro Luis Rivera, DVM, DACVSMR, FACFN, FCoAC; Program Director at the Healing Oasis Wellness Center.
Some of the GOALS & expectations for this seminar:
- Have a basic understanding of how dogs learn.
- Have a basic understanding of how exercise can affect behavior.
- Able to identify major muscle groups that exercise will target.
- Able to describe and demonstrate ten (10) core exercises.
- Able to design and tailor exercises for the patient considering progression or regression.
- Able to explain and visualize the planes of motion specific exercises will affect.
- Able to understand and determine what frequency, intensity, and duration will be required to reach chosen goals for improvement.
- Able to understand and identify signs of fatigue in the patients
Registration form: 2023_Canine Therapeutic Exercise Workshop Registration Form
Schedule and goals: 2023_Goals Schedule_Canine Ther Exercise Workshop-Final
A minimum number of attendees: 10 (ten), with a maximum of 25 attendees.
Please REFRESH your browser to ensure you get the most current information.
Goals are to: Discuss the normal physiology and pathophysiology of OA; Describe the normal anatomy of the shoulder joint, elbow joint, coxofemoral joint, and stifle joint; Provide a hands-on clinical practicum to intra-articular joint therapy; How to utilize manual therapies to address changes to OA including fascia; Discuss other modalities to address OA.
Amber Ihrke, DVM, DACVSMR, CVSMT, CVA, Medical Director at Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation of Homer Glenn, IL., and Senior Faculty at the Healing Oasis Wellness Center, VMRT Postgrad Program
Pedro Luis Rivera, DVM, FACFN, DACVSMR, FCoAC, and Program Director at the Healing Oasis Wellness Center
Schedule: To be updated
Registration form: 2023_Adv Mgmt OA Regist Form
Sponsors: To be updated
Speakers: Solange Mikail, DVM, DACVSMR, and Pedro Luis Rivera, DVM, FACFN, DACVSMR, FCoAC
Species to be discussed with clinical hands-on practicums: Canine and Equine
Target audience: Licensed healthcare professionals trained in Rehabilitation and Manual Therapies
Schedule with goals:
Main speakers: Daniel Halden, DC, PAK, CAC, CVMRT, and Pedro Luis Rivera, DVM, FACFN, DACVSMR, FCoAC
Target audience: Licensed professionals trained in Veterinary Spinal Manipulation or “Animal Chiropractic.”
Objective and goals
- Students will be able to define and describe the underlying science that supports the concepts of the primary respiratory (cranial/sacral) motion.
- Students will be able to describe and apply the evidence supporting the ideas of cranial/scral motion.
- Students will be able to develop sufficient palpation skills to feel and address cranial and sacral faults.
- Students will be able to integrate additional modes of assessing cranial and sacral faults, including manual muscle testing.
- Students will be able to examine patients, assess cranial and sacral faults, and successfully address their correction in a clinical setting.
Registration Form: 2023_Cranio-sacral Adusting Tech w AK_Registration_Form
Schedule and goals: 2023_CS Adj Tech w AK_Schedule
The Theme for 2023: “Athletic Conditioning: From A to Z in Less Than 30 Seconds”
Alice Baker, DVM, DACVSMR
Kevin Haussler, DVM, DC, Ph.D., DACVSMR
Kim Henneman, DVM, DACVSMR
Andris Kaneps, DVM, PhD, DACVS, DACVSMR
Sarah Love, DVM, DACVIM, DACVSMR, CVSMT
Donna Raditic, DVM, DACVN
Avi Shaprut, DVM
Stephanie Thomvsky, DVM, MS, DACVIM-Neurology
Julia Tomlinson, BVSc, MS, PhD, DACVS, DACVSMR, CVSMT
Chris Zink, DVM, PhD, DACVP, DACVSMR, CVSMT
Pedro Luis Rivera, DVM, DACVSMR, FACFN
Attendee Registration: 2023_ConferenceApplicationForm
List of Exhibitors: to be updated shortly
Schedule: to be updated shortly