This is seminar #4 of five!
Topics to discussed include but are not limited to: Regenerative medicine; Biomechanics of Rehabilitaiton; Maintaining Athletic Conditioning and Rehabilitation of Catastrophic Injuries among many more (including hands on).
Some of the speakers include: Corey Orava, DVM, Pedro Rivera, DVM, FACFN, DACVSMR among others!
Dr. Orava will not only be talking and teaching us about Regenerative Medicine, but he will aslo be providing us with a wet lab as well!!!!! Here is a synopsis of his presentations:
Dr. Corey Orava (ONE OF THE SPEAKERS for Seminar 4) will have all day Saturday presenting the following information and with the following lab (hands-on) goals:
1.Introduction to regenerative medicine
2. Not all stem cells are created equal
3. PRP vs. Stem Cells: What’s the difference and why to select one over the other?
4. Regen med for musculoskeletal and neurological injuries.
5. Stem cells and immune system
6. Regen medicine for the GI
Goals of the wet lab:
PHASE ONE: PRP
• Understand principles of how to produce PRP
• Learn what-not-to-do when preparing PRP
• Understand various PRP formulations (low/med/high concentration of platelets vs WBCs vs RBCs)
• Become proficient with a commercially-available PRP system
PHASE TWO: JOINT INJECTIONS
• Familiarity with landmarks involved in companion animal joint injections
• Understand indications for joint injections
• Learn needle selection and volume recommendations for joint injections
• Become proficient with injection of common joints (hip, knee, elbow, shoulder, carpus, tarsus)
• Introduction to ultrasound-guidance for joint injections (when and how to use)
JUST GET READY TO LEARN!!!!!!
If you want to learn, this is the place!!!!!!
Registration form: applicationform_fxnalneuroanat
Get ready to learn, integrate and have fun doing so!